Thank you for all your patience and understanding during the lockdown closure. As quite a unique micro-business, it has been difficult to gauge the timing of our re-opening but taking into account the government guidance, we have decided to re-open the practice studios from the 15th June onwards, in line with the re-opening of non-essential shops across the country. I’m sure you’re all very keen to get back in the practice rooms. Electric drums just aren’t the same as the real thing, right?
The rooms will be available from the 15th June but the booking system will go live for Non-Members from Saturday 13th June.
Our drum studios are naturally quite fit for social distancing, being mainly used for solo drum practice. But behind the scenes we have been preparing new hygiene safety measures to help minimise risk once the doors are open again. You will receive further info on our safety measures in your booking emails but to summarise, these include:
- Hand sanitiser at entry/exit
- Regular cleaning of hotspots around the studios e.g entry keypad, door handles, stick cabinet etc.
- Disinfectant wipes available inside each drum studio to wipe down equipment before drumming. A bit like you do at the gym.
- New pedal-operated bins
- Face masks recommended whilst visiting the studios to reduce risk
- Limiting Non-member bookings to 1 person per studio temporarily
- Staggered studio bookings to improve social distancing between drummers arriving/leaving. Bookings in Studio 1 & 3 will commence 15 mins later than the other studios e.g 6.15pm, 7.15pm etc.
We are also open to any helpful suggestions you may have. The staggered studio times concept was very cleverly suggested by one of our members Susanne!
We really look forward to having you back again from the 15th June! Thanks again for your support and patience.